Staying Warm This Winter With Baby Sleeping Bags
Ensuring your baby stays at the right temperature during the night is crucial for restful sleep, not just for babies but for adults, too. We all know how uncomfortable it is to be too hot or too cold in bed. However, unlike adults who can use a blanket to regulate their body temperature, babies are unable to do so safely. Even as they grow older, they may still struggle to keep a blanket on.
So, how can you keep your baby warm this winter without a blanket? The answer: Baby sleeping bags. These wearable blankets provide peace of mind and help your baby sleep soundly throughout the night, which is what we all want, isn't it?
Why are baby sleeping bags so great?
- Baby sleeping bags are ideal for night feeds during the winter season as you can keep them on your baby while feeding, resulting in minimal disturbance to their sleep. Side zips are great for easy access for those quick night changes.
- Despite being snug, they allow your baby to move freely without any restrictions.
- Baby sleeping bags maintain the right temperature throughout the night, ensuring your baby stays neither too hot nor too cold. You can choose a weight suitable for the prevailing weather conditions.
- They are travel-friendly and more convenient to pack than blankets, and you can pack a few at a time.
- Incorporating a sleeping bag in your baby's bedtime routine helps to associate sleep time with this item, making it easier to put them down each night. Babies thrive on routine, and this sleeping bag will help them recognise when it’s time to go to sleep.
- Baby sleeping bags offer peace of mind to parents who worry about their child's safety during the night. Loose bedding or blankets are not recommended in a baby's sleep environment, and using a sleeping bag eliminates the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDs). Sleep is the one time that parents are not watching over their babies, so having this extra safety precaution is exactly what they need.
- Babies are messy, but thankfully baby sleeping bags are easy to clean and wash.
- Safety and warmth aside – there’s nothing cuter than a baby in a sleeping bag!
What is a TOG rating?
A TOG rating is a measure of warmth used in the textile industry to determine how warm a piece of clothing or bedding, like a duvet, is. Baby sleeping bags are available in a range of togs, typically from 0.5 to 3.5. Some sleeping bags even have a lower tog rating of 0.2, which is perfect for use during heat waves or hot weather. To ensure your baby's comfort throughout the year, it's recommended to have multiple sleeping bags with varying tog ratings.
Baby sleeping bags are an excellent solution for winter, and tick all the boxes for safe sleep practices. They regulate your baby's temperature, ensure peaceful night-time feedings, and play a vital role in a consistent bedtime routine. By fulfilling these important requirements, your baby is less likely to resist sleep, enjoy a more comfortable sleep, and ultimately, get closer to achieving your family sleep goals.
A Place To Empower Mamas With Incredible Products
Zoe Sage came from a genuine desire to ease into the transition to motherhood and breastfeeding because - let’s be honest - motherhood is no joke. Owned and operated by a young mother of two, Zoe Sage is all about offering incredible products that reduce stress levels instead of increasing them.
From baby sleeping bags, silicone feeding sets and our signature Five In One Multi Use Mama Cover, we’ve got the essentials of motherhood covered alongside free shipping over $100, a thirty day returns policy, and of course, flexible payment options like ZipPay and Afterpay.
If you are on the hunt for baby products that actually benefit you and your family, follow us on Instagram to stay updated on new arrivals, or get in touch with us today if you have a query about one of our items available at Zoe Sage.