What to Look for When Buying a Baby Capsule
Parenting is full of contradictions. What one parent swears by, another will avoid. It’s no wonder new mums often feel completely confused and overwhelmed. And when it comes to buying a baby capsule, the choices and opinions are varied. But fear not, we’re here to help!
We’ve put together a nifty little guide to take the guesswork out of buying a baby capsule, so you can get back to the important stuff, like snuggling your little bundle of joy.
What is a baby capsule?
A baby capsule is a car seat with a difference. Not only does it have a base that stays secure in your vehicle, but it also comes with a carrier you can easily click out of the base. The premise of a capsule is all about convenience, making it easy to travel with your baby without having to take them out of their seat. With a quick click, the capsule comes out of the car seat for you to either hold or to now put on a compatible pram. Model depending, a baby capsule can fit babies until they are six months old or 12 months old.
Pros and cons of buying a baby capsule
- It’s a smooth transition in and out of your car so travelling is made easy.
- If you buy the right model, you can easily use the capsule in your pram.
- Because it’s so comfortable, you might find your baby napping a little extra throughout the day.
- A baby capsule can get heavy the bigger your child gets.
- Bigger capsules can often leave less space in your vehicle.
- Because you won’t use your baby capsule for more than twelve months, it can become quite an expensive accessory to have.
What to look for when you’re buying a baby capsule
- Look at all the safety features to make sure they are aligned with what’s most important to you.
- Not all prams are compatible with a baby capsule, so if you want to make the most out of your capsule then consider buying one that fits in with your pram.
- Look at the weight of the capsule and remember to factor in the growing weight of your baby. If you’re going to be carrying the capsule around then make sure to look at some of the lighter options.
- Consider buying a multi-purpose capsule cover to keep things clean and comfortable.
- If money is an issue you can look at either buying a second-hand capsule or hiring one through a reputable store. Either way, always find out the history of the capsule and keep safety as your first priority.
The first year of parenthood is the toughest, and even though a baby capsule might be a little expensive, the convenience it brings will go a long way to making that first year a little gentler.
A PLACE TO EMPOWER MAMAS WITH INCREDIBLE PRODUCTS
Zoe Sage came from a genuine desire to ease into the transition to motherhood and breastfeeding because - let’s be honest - motherhood is no joke. Owned and operated by a young mother of two, Zoe Sage is all about offering incredible products that reduce stress levels instead of increasing them.
From baby sleeping bags, silicone feeding sets and our signature Five In One Multi Use Mama Cover, we’ve got the essentials of motherhood covered alongside free shipping over $100, a thirty day returns policy, and of course, flexible payment options like ZipPay and Afterpay.
If you are on the hunt for baby products that actually benefit you and your family, follow us on Instagram to stay updated on new arrivals, or get in touch with us today if you have a query about one of our items available at Zoe Sage.